Mintz is an Am Law 100 law firm with over 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. Our attorneys combine legal, business, and industry insight to help navigate shifting challenges. We advise business leaders, entrepreneurs, and investors on pivotal transactions, disputes, and regulatory matters within our core practice areas — Corporate & Transactional, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Investigations, and Regulatory & Advisory. We are strategically located to meet the needs of our clients, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington, DC, and Toronto.
About the Summer Associate Program
Mintz is currently accepting applications for our 2L Boston Summer Associate program. Our Summer Associates select a practice area of interest (Corporate & Transactional, Litigation, or Intellectual Property) and are immersed in that practice area for the duration of the program. Summer Associates work on an array of matters, often staffed on cases or deal teams, where they can gain real, hands-on experience working side-by-side with our lawyers. Our small class size, coupled with our Member and Associate mentorship program, allows students a broad range of opportunities and experience, customized to their individual goals and interests. After spending nine weeks at the firm, our Summer Associates know our lawyers, understand what we do, and are ready to hit the ground running after law school. While our Summer Associate program runs exclusively out of our Boston office, there is an option for students to start as a First Year Associate in any of Mintz’s other office locations with section approval.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
• Must be attending an ABA-accredited law school and pursuing a J.D.
• Must possess excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Must possess a high level of professionalism and client readiness
• Must be able to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities and responsibilities, be highly organized and exercise extreme attention to detail
• Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
To apply, please submit:
• Your resume
• Your law school transcript (official or unofficial)
• Your undergraduate transcript (official or unofficial)
• A cover letter stating your practice area of interest (Corporate & Transactional, Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation or Intellectual Property Prosecution)
• A writing sample
The salary for this position is $4,134.61 per week.